Frequently Asked Questions
Who May Use the NuHealthEAP Services?
All employees and their family members.
How Much Does It Cost?
NuHealthEAP services are free to you. If you are referred to a medical or behavioral health professional or program in the community, services are often covered by your health benefit plan. You will pay only the costs required by your benefit plan. In many cases referals can be made to low cost or no cost programs.
What about Confidentiality?
NuHealthEAP counselors will not share information about your use of the program without your prior knowledge and written permission. To protect your privacy, NuHealthEAP counselor's offices are not located at your work site.
NuHealthEAP Can Help With:Individual Problems
- Sleep or eating problems
- Other behaviors of concern
- Marital issues
- Communication problems
- Conflict resolution
- Domestic violence
- Dual career issues
- Separation or Divorce
- Single parenting
- Step parenting
- Family violence
- Aging parents or relatives
- Grief issues
- Infants, children and adolescent
- Interpersonal problems
- Job dissatisfaction
- Authority conflicts
What Services are Provided by NuHealthEAP?
- Assessment and referrals
- Short term consultation sessions
- Crisis intervention
- Training for employees and supervisors
When should I call NuHealthEAP to ask for help?
- The problem lowers your job performance
- You or a family member cannot handle the situation.
- Everything you have tried has not solved the situation.
- The problem is the most important part of your life.
- The problem interferes with your relations with family, friends or coworkers